top of page

NHS Complaints Advocacy


Do you live in Stoke on Trent or Staffordshire and wish to make a complaint about an NHS service that you, or someone you know, have received, but not sure where to start?

This is a free, confidential, independent service that can help you to raise your concerns and make a complaint about a National Health Service, for example: a Doctor, Dentist, Hospital. By raising your concerns it can help to put things right and the NHS can learn from your experience. This could consist of an explanation, an apology or information about how the NHS has used your experience to improve their services or care.


In Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire

An NHS Complaints Advocate can help you with a complaint about NHS treatment and care that is provided or funded by the NHS, we can provide:

• Information to help you make a complaint

• Support to make a formal NHS complaint

This could be:

• a complaint about your care and treatment

• a complaint about care and treatment of a child under the age of 18 who is unable to complain

• a complaint on behalf of your family member or friend with their permission

• a complaint on behalf of your family member or friend if they are unable to consent or agree (the health provider will check the person’s capacity)

• a complaint on behalf of a relative or friend who has died, even without their permission

bottom of page